Friday, January 18, 2008

Jeju Day 1

22 October 2007 @ Jeju Island, Korea [제주]

I know, I know… It has been two months since I last update my blog and people have been yelling at me to update my blog. I’ve been busy with my studies, final year project, exams, parties, holidays and etc [lame eh]. Anyway, I’ve got this sudden urge of wanting to update my blog after my bath today. Let it be I thought.

[I hope I didn’t forget anything...]

On 22 October 2007, very early in the morning, five young lads had some kimbap for breakfast before heading to the Gimhae Airport. We’re flying to JEJU Island! The flight took approximately 1 hour. After that, we need to take a 2 hour bus to Seogwipo [south of that island] to check into Jeju Hiking Inn we’ve booked previously.



To tell the truth, it’s a good place to stay for budget backpackers. Only 20,000won per room with facilities like TV, aircond, refrigerator, private bathroom, wi-fi, shared kitchen and TWO bicycles to rent.

It’s already in the 3pm after settling down and getting some rest. We walked to the nearest attraction, the Cheonjiyeon Waterfalls. The falls is inside a park with some stone statues and greens.

5 guys and the map of Jeju-do

Me and the famous Dol hareubang statue

Ta-Da! The one and only - Cheonjiyeon Falls

Crossing a stream

The falls wasn’t very impressive but it was still okay for me. [Much much much better than the Abai Waterfalls in Taman Negara though] Then, the five of us walked around searching for food. There wasn’t many shops near the place we stay [we thought]. So we just settle with something familiar, AnDong-JjimDak. It’s a big pot of braised chicken with chilli peppers and other stuffs and it’s kinda spicy. It’s quite an appetizing meal for those who can take a bit of spiciness.

After strolling around the streets near Jeju Hiking Inn, we got ourselves back to the inn and call it a day. Billy, out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww.. finally XDDDD

Related Posts with Thumbnails