Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pulau Perhentian Day 2

16 March 2008 @ Pulau Perhentian

At 8.15am, EuHua and PuiYee already bugging me to wake up. "Ahhh, can't you let me doze for 10 more minutes." Haha.. Anyway, I pulled myself together, brushed my teeth and went for our breakfast.

We only had about 30 minutes to get ready and we're off again for snorkeling. This time to the Marine Park of Pulau Redang.


The place is marvelous. Magnificent scenery, colourful schools of fishes, assorted shapes of corals. I just wish I have a waterproof camera to take the photos of them.

The coral reefs of this place is huge. Some parts of it are quite shallow as well. So we have to swim carefully above the corals so that we don't destroy them [or rather get hurt from the hard corals].

There're many types of fishes in there too. I saw an about 1 metre long
Grouper and the guide said he saw a moray eel, but we didn't see any. Anyway, moray eels can be quite aggresive.


EuHua and his sand-made merman's tail


We then had lunch [packed-ready from our resort] there. And it's sand-burying time! We burried EuHua with sand and he requested a merman's tail.

The guide then drove us to another island to bathe with cold fresh water from the earth. It was quite refreshed to splash ourselves with some un-salted water. That was the last event on our schedule and we're off heading back to our resort.

Khik in the sand

Me in the sand, with a big breast and 3 nipples?! o_O

WeiLiam, Khik, EuHua [3 friends from 5 Bakti 2003]


Back to Perhentian, it's time to bury Khik and myself. Surprisingly, we're all able to get up from the sand easily. Either the sand is too fine or our burying skills is not good enough.

We then washed off our sand in the sea and saw a football lying on the beach. I bet you can guess what happen next, we played like kids in the water with the ball.

I went on to sunbathe while EuHua and Khik went back for a wash. Once again, I went back to bathe reluctantly when the sky is getting dark.

Sunset in Perhentian
[the island blocking the sun is called Perhentian Kecil, we stayed in Perhentian Besar]


EuHua suggested to take some jumping shots with the sun setting at the back. The photos turned out quite nice though.





And yes, I played with sand afterwards. So this is where I shot the "Fine sands" photo in my [Preview] post.


My surname on the sand [no wrong this time =) ]


It's 7.30pm and it's time for our BBQ dinner. [I thought we're suppose to barbeque ourselves, cheh]. Though the food is barbeque-ed for us, I still enjoyed it.

We had quite a long chat at the dinner table until the auntie also wanted to clean up our table already. So, Khik and YihChing suggested to have a drink at the pub nearby.

Our first group photo! [YihChing, Khik, EuHua, PuiYee, Me]

5 heads are better than 1

I randomly selected Creme de Cacao [alcohol + chocolate? hmm...]


We met some friendly people at the pub and exchanged our experiences. After finishing our drink, we collapsed in our rooms [not because of the drink, but the tiredness and sunburnt]. Here goes my second day in Perhentian. Time flies. Billy, out.

1 comment:

lastangel2411 said...

wahhhh~ ber-kungfu along the beach worrr...hahaha! i like the merman pic~!

Related Posts with Thumbnails