Monday, April 06, 2009

Enjoy Music, Enjoy Noise

"It's a totally different enjoyment of sound"

13 March 2009 @ KLCC

I've always wanted to watch the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra (MPO) at KLCC. I finally went with a few other music lovers.


I found out that we can actually use student cards to buy seats off student price - RM15 only. And the best part is, we can get the best seats available! We took the RM75 seats and I sat right in the middle. wootz~


This time around, MPO was performing Symphonic Oscars, featuring famous songs from The Untouchables, Out of Africa: Flying Over Africa, Ben Hur, The Wizard of Oz, The Magnificent Seven and many many more.

It was conducted by Richard Kaufman and some of the numbers were sang by his daughter.

PuiYee, Cheryl, JooLi, WoonLee, Eugene, HanChin

The show started at 8.30pm and ended about 2 hours later, with a short interval in the middle. The songs were really good that it gave me goosebumps.


Besides my colleagues, I've also asked PuiYee (my best friend since Primary 1) to tag along, since she's also a music enthusiast.


It's a whole new sensation of enjoyment in music. I can do it very often you know.


14 March 2009 @ Redbox, Sunway Pyramid

On the next day, we had another activity related to music - singing karaoke!

Cheryl, Eugene, JooLi, Mike, WoonLee, HanChin, Me

I had a voucher that's expiring soon, so I suggested to use it up that day.


Well, we aren't exactly the best singers around. So, some voices turned into noise which may be untolerable to the minorities. It was probably due the fact that we sang for 8 LONG HOURS!


The night rock on with supper at McDonald's. Talked and talked and talked...


Everyone went home with a sexy voice and dead tired. I really enjoyed the day though we're spoiling the song most of the time. Haha! Billy, out.

3 comments:

leo said...

wow..so fast updated huh..
we looked so nice in YELLOW~
looking forward for our next outing~

Julez said...

I cant wait to sing another 8 hours...i wont mind even if it were 10 hours!

Should we all wear red next time? Or blue? Or white? Haha

I AM A BLOGGER said...

waaa, dress so smart to watch the show!!! cool!!!!!!!(^^)

how r u? long time din contact(^^)

Related Posts with Thumbnails